This Acceptable Usage Policy covers the security and use of Cyber Media’s Project Portal (the ‘Portal’), available on the url: www.cyber-media.co.uk/projects/
This policy applies to all users of the Portal (hereafter referred to as ‘individuals’).
Access to the Portal is controlled by the use of User IDs, passwords and/or tokens. All User IDs and passwords are to be uniquely assigned to named individuals and consequently, individuals are accountable for their interactions with the Portal.
In using the Portal individuals agree not to:
- Allow anyone else to use their user ID/token and password
- Leave their user accounts logged in at an unattended and unlocked computer
- Use someone else’s user ID and password to access the Portal
- Leave their password unprotected (for example writing it down)
- Perform any unauthorised changes to the Portal or information contained within it
- Attempt to access data they are not authorised to use or access
- Exceed the limits of their authorisation or specific business need to interrogate the system or data
- Use the Portal for the purposes of harassment or abuse
- Use profanity, obscenities, or derogatory remarks in the Portal
- Upload, create, access, download or distribute material which Cyber Media Solutions Ltd. considers offensive in any way, including sexually explicit, discriminatory, defamatory or libellous
- Share sensitive or confidential information with unauthorised parties
- Infringe any copyright, database rights, trademarks or other intellectual property
- Store personal files such as music or videos
- Distribute viruses or malware
All data that is created and stored on the Portal is the property of Cyber Media Solutions Ltd. and there is no official provision for individual data privacy.
System logging will take place where appropriate, and investigations will be commenced where reasonable suspicion exists of a breach of this or any other policy.
Cyber Media Solutions Ltd. monitors activity on the Portal to maintain security and effective operation and to protect against misuse.
Any monitoring will be carried out in accordance with audited, controlled internal processes, the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 and the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
Cyber Media Solutions Ltd. is responsible for how personal data is processed and for what purposes (we are known in legal terms as the ‘data controller’). Personal data is data that could be used to identify a living individual.
The points below summaries the personal data we collect and why:
- When a Portal account is created we collect First name, last name, email address, and organisation you are associated with. It is needed in order for us to provide you with an account and set your access permissions within the Portal, in order for your to receive notifications in accord with your preferences, and to enable us to send you relevant information about Cyber Media products.
- When you complete your profile we collect First name, last name, email address, profile image (optional. It is needed to enable you to maintain a personal profile and update your account, in order for you
rto receive notifications in accord with your preferences, and to enable us to send you relevant information about Cyber Media products.
- When you make a post or comment we collect your contributions (post and comments), including imagery, documents and videos posted. It is needed to enable you to interact with and contribute to projects and resources.
- When you use the platform we collect your IP address. It is needed to enable us to maintain system security.
No data will be shared with third parties. All information is retained until you request us to delete your account.
If we would like to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will always seek your prior consent and will update this notice accordingly.
We take protection of your personal data seriously and employ data encryption in transit (using HTTPS protocol) and encryption at rest on the disk drives where your data is stored.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website. Once you agree, the cookie is added and it helps websites and web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The website or application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences (such as your language, the products you’ve added to your shopping card, etc.).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies by default, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site may not work.
- Cookie: Essential site cookies
- Name: PHPSESSID
- Purpose and details: Enables identification by the Platform of users who are currently logged in.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can refer to the official help documentation of your browser provider for information on how to change cookie preferences.
Where personal data is stored
All personal data held will be stored and processed by staff in the United Kingdom.
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with third parties with your consent, or if there is a legal obligation for us to disclose the information.
Your rights and your personal data
From May 2018 the GDPR provides you with rights in respect of your personal data. These include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you should have a query, or wish to exercise your rights or make a complaint in relation to your personal data, please contact us using the details provided below.
Cyber Media Solutions Ltd
Opus House, Priestly Court,
Staffordshire Technology Park,
Stafford, ST18 0LQ
Tel: +44 (0) 1785 222 350
Fax: +44 (0) 1785 253 507